March 19, 2006

Crossing Paths

Picking the blue crayon from the pile, Justin writes his name on his drawing. Carefully, he places the crayon into the pile, and moves to a standing position. "I've had enough of this," he sighs.
"Don't leave," a voice cries out."
Turning his head in the direction of the sound he stares confused at the empty table and chairs.
"Down here," the sound calls."
'You're a crayon," Justin states rolling his blue eyes. "I'm talking to a crayon. I can't believe this!"
"Crayons can talk," the blue crayon snaps. "You've been wearing me down. Why don't use some other colors?"
"I don't know! I'm in a blue mood," he admits softly.
"I want to help you," the crayon explains.
Sitting in the red chair, Justin sniffles, "I just want to get away."
Blue asks, "To where?"
Justin responds, "I'm not sure."
"Come with me," the crayon pleads pointing to a coloring book."
"I'm not three," Justin laughs.
"Excuse me, but us crayons can't count. It does not matter. You need fun, and that is universial."
You have a point." A smile forms on Justin's lips, as the crayon touches the top of his head. "I meant that figertivly."
"Ok wise one let's see how you'll handle being in a coloring book!"
He questions, "Is this going to hurt?"
"It may tickle when someone colors you. It will be fun!" the crayon exclaims.

Justin quickly realizes why the crayon asked him to be colored. "Sometimes you need to experience new things. Coloring with a blue crayon each day is boring, and is making him sad.

Returning from the coloring book, he grabs a red and yellow crayon, then green. Signing his name he hands it to the crayon, "Thank you. I am no longer unhappy, with this rainbow of colors."
"You're welcome,"The crayon replies.

No comments: