October 18, 2006

Kiss Me At Midnight

"I love you," he whispers into her ear.
"I love you too J, but really did we have to come from Memphis to New York City for you to tell me this?"
"Ya do realize you're totally killing this romanticness Lauraine?"
"Its freezing, and there's looniebins all around. It's New Year's Eve, and I'd be just as happy to be snuggling with you under the warm sheets."
"That'll happen later. Just wait a few more seconds. I brought you here for a reason," he sighs wrapping his arms around her waist.
"And the count down begins," they hear loudly through the speakers, as the crowds cheer.
"Justin are you listening?"
"10."
"Of course, I am look up at the ball," he pleads.
"9".
She asks, "What for?"
"8"
"You'll see."
"Sometimes I got to wonder about you."
"7".
"I know. I do things differently, and I know we've been talking about it, for a long time," he pauses trying to block out the other noises,"and that's why we are here tonight to start something new."
"New?"
"6".
"Yeah, as in our relationship," he smiles sticking his hands into his pockets, and bringing a box with ribbon out."
"Five".
"Oh Justin,"
"4."
"It's what we've been waiting for."
"3".
"It is," she beams.
"2".
"So will you please kiss me as I get down on my knees and propose?"
"1."
"I'll kiss you at midnight and say,' I do!'"
He envelopes her after placing the engagement ring on her finger.

No comments: