February 22, 2006

And the Thunder Rolls

Two-timing is not something I find in any means right, as a way to revenge a love gone horribly wrong.
I can hear the wind whistling, and the roar of the thunder, as I sit here wallowing in the dark.
Her voice is haunting. Her cries are deepening, whilst the storm grows angry. A bolt of lightning hurdles through the sky, as she breaths seem fainter.
My fingers tighten around the cold object at my side. Cringing in agony I stutter,"Why," never expecting to get an answer. I stagger to my feet.
My world swirls around my still frame, making my way toward her limp form. Reaching for the phone, an unbearable noise screeching in my ears. Another blinding bolt of light hits me, and I tumble to the ground, near her body.
Lovers should not play such foolish games, when the thunder rolls. Guns lose control. I am merely a witness to her suicide. Admitting she had cheated was not an option for her.
Closing my eyes, I see her standing before me. A chill runs through my spine tingling each bone in my body, and crippling my soul for all eternity. The sirens are coming, and I'm all alone.
Their voices mix together like a recipe for disaster. My vision blurs kissing the top of her head, and the feeling of their calmly hands on my wrist sends shivers through my weakened system.

An asylum is where they take me, until they figure the gruesome details. I refuse to speak of her actions for I loved her.
The sound of thunder echoes in my ears, and her brittle voice comes through.
In anger I scream, "Stop the thunder," but it continues. Agitated my words get louder, until I see a man, and silence myself.
He wants me to speak, but all I can do is stare into his eyes confused, as the thunder rolls.

No comments: