February 27, 2006

Dinosaur Eggs

View this trailer below!


Opening the container of eggs, Justin grasps onto the oddly shaped and colored egg. Gently, he places it on the table, after he grabs a napkin to catch the ozzy egg's content.
Pop, crack, bong, "Well what do we have here?' he asks laughing. ""You aint no chicken."
"Chicken,' the critter responds in a little voice, "Hardly. I'm......."
"You're an alien," Justin exclaims excitedly, before backing away."
"No, I am no such thing. I am a dinosaur and you are no cave man."
Justin steps closer, "I'll take that as a compliment........ How'd you survive all these years?"
"Well it was no picnic kid,"he sighs. "It coulda been a little warmer. Everything got really cold and I dozed off. Now I'm here with you....."
"This is amazing and crazy," Justin stutters happily. "All I wanted to do was paint some Easter eggs. I never expected this......."
"Well kid I'm hungery. Have anything to eat?" he responds.
Justin questions thoghtfully, "I...I...I... what do you dinosaurs eat?"
"Depends on what type of dinosaur you got. I'm some type of pre-historic bird," he smiles.
His blue eyes grow wide,"So I gotta feed you worms?"
The dinosaur asks, "Worms what are worms?"
"They are smally wiggly creatures with no legs," Justin explains, "Very slimmy and brown."
"Perfect kid," he chuckles. "Where do you get these things?"
"The store," Justin responds.
"Store?" the animal oddly looks at him. "Whatever happened to critters just lying around?"
"Well," Justin begiins, "Sometime long ago the earth divided, making parts of the world not so warm. We have four seasons, and it is spring. The worms just are not out and about quite yet. The ground is too cold. There may be a few in the ground, but it needs to heat up, before we could go digging. The store keeps them alive in a bucket... We use them to fish."
"I will try to adapt to this, and you can learn from me too," the bird smiles wrapping his wing around Justin's body. "You in this with me kid?"
Justin nods his head, "For sure." He gathers the mess on the table, dumping the contents into the trash, and washes his hands.
Heading out the door with the bird he grasps onto his money for the worms.

Stepping foot into the general store, Justin approaches the fishing section, and picks up two small buckets, bringing them to the man at the check out counter.
The man at the counter eyes him, "What's with this sudden interest in worms son? You don't usually come in here for those sort of things."
Growing timid, Justin softly explains, "Baby bird Sir." His blue eyes widen. "I found one that needs some caring."
"If you say so," the man laughs studying Justin carefully.

At home Justin opens the worms, giving them to his bird friend. "I don't have to feed them to you do I?"
"I can manage without I think. That's what this beak is for.," he squeaks.
"I'm going to go make some Easter eggs," Justin says, as he slowly stands and wipes his hands against his overals.
He glances up from his worms, "What is Easter, and how do you make eggs kid?"
"Easter is a holiday. It is like the day you are born very special. We are not actually making eggs. We color the egss with dye."
"You use things that have died!?" The creature raises his eyebrows.
"No this is colored stuff. It changes the color of whatever you put it on or in. It is like when the leaves change, but messier."
"I'd say so kid. Then what are you gonna do?" He pecks at the worms waiting for Justin to answer.
"I have not really thought of it," the young man states. "It's been a weird day."
"I hear you! This is one strange senario," he smiles, "but kid you and I can work through this."
"You need a name," Justin grins.
"Call me what you will kid," he turns toward the worms grabbing another.
"I like Beaky," Justin declares, before walking away to paint his eggs.

Sitting on his bed, Justin draws the pre-historic feathered friend, as his mother looks over her shoulder at his sketch.
"You have quite the imagination," Justin tells him. "What have you done today?"
He puts down his blue crayon, "I painted eggs," he explains as his blue eyes grow big. "Mom could I have a pet?"
"No Justin, I'm sorry pets are too expensive right now. We are on a tight budget."
"Okay Mom," he sighs and picks up his blue crayon, and gazes toward his closet, and rubs his stomach."
"You hungery?" she asks, and he quickly nods his head in response. "Let's go see what we can find....."

He is content to keep his mystery guest out of his mom's way in fear of what she may do. Justin eats as fast as he can to get back to his room where he new found friend awaits him.

No comments: