November 27, 2006

Back To Christian chapter 7 & 8

Chp. 7

“Christian, what are these?"
"Drawins Daddy! You don't like?"
"I love your drawings, and all the creative stuff you do. Who's in your drawings?"
"Mommy and Jake."
"That's what I was afraid of. It's okay to draw these pictures. It helps you heal."
"Jake's bad. I miss Mommy!"
"I know you do. I miss her too! Maybe we should go visit her?"
"We go to heaven, Daddy?"
"No Buddy, remember the cemetery, that's where Mommy is? How about you give her some flowers?"
"Okay, when we go?"
"Later today. I promise. Daddy has to talk to someone before we go. I'm waiting for her call."

Justin speaks to Lindsey on the phone.
"Justin I'm concerned about your health. I'm sorry the medication makes you drowsy. You seem over all tired. You should have another scan done. You should have one at least every six months."
"I really don't want to be away from my son."
"Justin, I know you love him, but you two need to be separated at times. You should seriously think about enrolling him in preschool. In another year he'll be school aged, then what are you going to do?"
"I don't know. I'm not ready for that, yet. I'll tell him that I need to have the scan, again."
"He can be in the room with you, until they're ready to take you to the room, if you want him to be."
"I think it'd be to frightening for a child. I don't want him to witness that. It's scary enough for me. I really need to be going. I promised Christian I'd take him to spend some time with his mom. He's giving me the puppy dog face."
"Are you going to have that test done?"
"Yes, whenever I can fit it in. I'm sorry we haven't gotten to hang out much. I really enjoy or time together."
"I had fun too! Hopefully we can go on another date, soon. Bye, Justin."
"Bye, Lindsey."
Christian makes a mad dash for Justin's car.
Justin can barely keep up with him. Being a single parent isn't easy. Lots of things are on his mind as he drives down the narrow dirt roads. He knows he has to promote a new album, soon, and wants to take Christian along, but isn't sure if it'd work out. He thinks about his illness, and having the scan done. Justin glances back at Christian, who brings light to all situations; as long as Justin has him by his side he can get through anything. He enjoys the rest of the ride.
Justin bends down with the flowers in his hands. He places one of them near the grave. Christian does the same following his father's cues. He allows the boy to spend as much time as he wants there with his mother. Christian feels a bit better after spending time with his mom.

Chp. 8


Justin tries avoiding scheduling his test, though he knows he should have it done.
Lindsey comes over to spend time with him, and Christian. She persuades him to have the test done, and talks over the test with Christian.
Christian cries,” Daddy you hurt. Daddy go to heaven!"
Justin reassures Christian that he's going to be around for a long time, and that his illness is under control. "I just have to have a check up, and see if anything has changed. Granny will take care of you until I'm awake."
"Okay, Daddy!"

Justin cries, "Ow that hurts! Do you have to touch that area again?"
Justin's doctor says, "I'm afraid so. We need to check over your stomach. I'm sorry you couldn't take your medication today, so you feel worse. We'll get you back on medication, after you awake."
Justin sighs,” I’ll get over the pain, what's more depressing is being away from my son. I love to play with him, but I can't do that here."
"You'll see him later, I promise. You're going to have a slight pinch in your arm."
"It wasn't that bad."
"Alright Justin, just try to relax, and let the medicine start working. It's perfectly normal to be sleepy."
The medicine works fairly quickly. He's ready to go for his scan, now that he's sedated.
Justin awakes groggy in the recovery room. The first thing he asks is, "Where's Christian!?"
The nurse tells him, "They'll be in shortly. You need to rest."
Justin smiles tiredly at his son, and his mom, as his nurse gives him a pain killer through his IV.
Christian rests with his father, until Justin's asleep. His grandmother explains,” Daddy has an ouchie, and can't be bumped in his tummy. He has a bandage, similar to a bandage you get when you have a cut."
"Why Daddy Sleepy?"
"Daddy's sleepy from his test and the pain medicine. He'll be less tired soon."
"Why he have mask?"
"For him to breathe a little bit better."
Justin awakes much later on. You can barely see his baby blue eyes. He likes hearing Christian's voice. He senses his mom is there, also.
The next day Justin's more alert, and is able to go home. He sits in a wheelchair, with his son, as he's wheeled out to his mom's car. She assists him into the car.
Justin rests over the next few days, and regains some strength.

No comments: