November 27, 2006

Back To Christian chapter 9 & 10

Chp. 9

Justin lies on the couch as Christian plays the piano. He's still recovering from a week ago. Lindsey's been with him, when she has work off.
Christian's developing a bond with her. He's not used to having a motherly figure, and enjoys it. His father likes it, as well.
Justin plans on dating her more, when he feels better. He must limit his activity for the time being.
He invites Lindsey to come see a basketball game with him, and his son Christian. She accepts the offer.
"Daddy the game's over!"
"That was a good game!"
Lindsey winks, "Yeah, it was a very good game. How about I get you ice cream, Christian?"
He peers into his father's eyes, "That ok. Daddy?"
"Sure, but don't forget to thank her."
"What flavor do you like?"
"Natural Vanilla"
"That's what your Dad likes."
"Daddy's like me!"
"Yep, but older. I think he's in love."
"I'm in love with Daddy!"
"Your love is good. Daddy's love is for a girl."
"Ew, Daddy's into girls!"
"Afraid so. I'm a girl."
"Yer not little. Yer like a Mommy or Grammy."
"We're just big girls. You'll like girls one day!"
Justin and Lindsey laugh.
"Girls icky. Ice creams here!" He forgets all about girls being icky, as he eats his frozen favorite.
It's getting late and Christian's getting tired. He falls asleep in his father's caring arms. Justin rests with him in the back of his car, as Lindsey drives. This way Justin's able to take his medication on time.
She enters his home, and helps him get the young child into his bed.
The two proceed to Justin's room, as Justin's medicine kicks in. She kisses him goodnight.
He whispers,” Goodbye, I love you", sleepily.
Lindsey knows their relationship is getting serious, but how far will it go, she doesn't know.

Chp. 10

It's now Valentine's Day. Lindsey takes Justin for a ride. Christian comes along, keeping his eyes on the falling snow flakes.
They chat about various things, as Lindsey drives.

Justin can't take his eyes off her, “Simply one of the most beautiful women. Her light brown hair's slightly curly, flowing down the back of her neck. Her eyes match my tender blue eyes.”
Justin grins resting his head on the furniture behind him, recalling that he's still sick. No driving for at least another three weeks, until he is healed.
Christian yells from the back, "Daddy!"
Justin turns his head to see what's wrong, "What's the matter Christian?"
"Puppy!"
"Where?"
He points to a puppy hidden in the snow. It blends in, almost perfectly, aside from the spots.
Lindsey stops the car, allowing Justin to get out. He approaches the dog hesitantly. The dog comes up to him.

It licks his hand.
Justin remembers his first dog experience much like this, though his dog was far smaller. "You're cute!"
Christian yells, "My puppy!"
Justin looks for tags, but finds no identification. "I guess, but you have to take good care of him."
"I will, Daddy."
"What will you name him?"
Christian blurts, "Dasher."
Justin sticks Dasher in the back, where the puppy can dry off.
Christian keeps his eyes on the dog the whole rest of the ride. Justin explains to him how to care for his new pup.” It’s a big responsibility.”

"Responsility, can do."
Justin giggles. "He's too cute!"
Lindsey glances at Justin, "He certainly is. This will be good for him. This way you can rest, a bit more."
"Rest hardly, that pup will be tracking mud in and out. Not to mention having accidents. I hope this is the right thing to do."
"Daddy don't worry!"
"I'm trying not too."
Justin's impressed in his son attempts to prove that he can care for the dog, well. The day is coming to a close. The youngster watched Dash, sleepily from his bed.
Justin and Lindsey listen, while chatting a few rooms down. Justin acts groggy from his medication. She lies beside him, comforting him. She knows it'll ware off, in about ten to fifteen minutes, but until then he's a totally different person. She gives him a slight kiss on the lips. He tells her he loves her. She covers him with his sheets.
Christian walks into the room sleepy -eyed. "I had nightmare."
Lindsey holds him in her arms. "It'll be ok. It's just a bad dream. Where's Dash?"
"Sleeping. I want Daddy."
"I know you do, but Daddy's sleepy from his medication. He'll be more awake soon."
"Daddy's always going to sleep, why?"
"Daddy has an illness, and his treatment makes him tired. Luckily it's only at night. How about you come here on the bed?"
"Okay, Mommy."
She glances at the boy puzzled, not sure what to say. She's barely even Justin's girlfriend, and this young child is calling her Mommy. She places him back in his bed, after he has fallen asleep.
She walks out of the room, rubbing her stomach. She goes back to Justin, who is just awakening from his slumber. "What the matter?"
"Your son just called me Mommy."
"Oh, if you want I'll ask him not to call you that."
"No, that's alright. I just don't want him to get his hopes up."
"I understand." Justin stumbles to his feet, and gives her a kiss. "Happy Valentine's Day!"
She kisses him back, tightly grasping his waist, so he won't fall.
They some how end up on the bed. Christian is surprised to see Lindsey's still here in the morning.
The two give one another odd looks, before vanishing from one another's sight.
Lindsey and Justin can't stop thinking of that night. Lindsey feels perhaps worse than Justin, she did something very stupid.
"It's getting too serious Justin!"
"I didn't mean for that to happen. I love you, and things went too far."
"Justin, when you first asked to go out with me I didn't know it'd lead into this. When we went on our first date I was......" She pauses for a moment, and resumes, “Dating someone else.”
"Stop, just stop! I thought we had something special, but I guess you just wanted to use me." He turns his head away, tears falling from his eyes. "I guess I'll never find true love, go away."
"Justin, please listen to me!"
"Why? You got my hopes up. I loved you since the moment I laid my eyes on you. Now, I feel betrayed."
"It was wrong of me to keep this a secret from you." She walks out of the house.
A month later, he receives a phone call. "Hello?"
"Hi Justin, I need to tell you something."
"Don't get me started. It's over."
"Justin, I'm pregnant."
"Congrads to you, and whoever he is!"
"You don't understand, Justin, you're the father!"
"I'm the father?"
"Justin, are you still there?"

No comments: